Start your day off on the right note with these 10 delicious and nutritious recipes. Eating the right food in the morning sets you up for success. It can provide you with energy, focus, and overall health benefits. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast dish or something a bit more substantial, we have you covered with these deliciously healthy breakfast recipes that will get your day off to a great start.
1. Wake Up to a Healthy Breakfast
The importance of the very first meal of the day cannot be underestimated. Having a healthy breakfast will set you up for a productive and energetic day, and it is essential for maintaining a good lifestyle. Here are tips on how to start your morning right:
- Eat a balanced meal. We always hear the old adage ‘breakfast like a king’. While it may sound clichéd, it carries a powerful message. Look for a breakfast selection that includes protein (e.g. eggs, meat, dairy, etc.), energy-giving carbohydrates (e.g. oats, wholemeal, etc.), fruits, and nuts.
- Fuel your body with nutrients. Nuts, grains, fruits, and low-fat dairy are the best options for breakfast as they contain essential vitamins and minerals for proper functioning and performing at your best. Add omega-3 fatty acids to your meal with salmon or another fatty fish like mackerel, and get your daily dose of iron, zinc, and calcium in form of fortified cereals.
- Choose wisely. Try to avoid processed foods like cereal bars, toaster pastries, and sugary cereals. Don’t forget to add some healthy fats like butter, avocado, or nut butter to make your breakfast healthier. Also, watch out for added salt in products like cooked breakfast meats, granola, and canned foods.
Stressing about what to have for breakfast? Don’t worry; there is no right or wrong answer. Find a balance between healthy choices and what you enjoy. Know what works best for your lifestyle and make your breakfast accordingly.
Grab a banana, a bowl of oats, nuts and some yogurt, and start creating wonderful breakfasts that will nourish your body and keep you energized and alert the whole day. Bon appétit!
2. 10 Delicious Recipes for a Nutritious Start
Whole Foods Power
Dietary staples like fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains are not only nutritious, they also offer a wide array of culinary potential. Consider the dishes below to inspire your next meal, or try them all to reap the combined benefits of a healthy diet and a satisfied palate.
- Carrot Zoodles
- Farro Tabbouleh
- Vegetable Jambalaya
- Tomato and Lentil Soup
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles
For a delightful breakfast, create an Egg Fried Rice dish with cooked brown rice, onions, mushrooms, and other vegetables. Whip up a morning protein smoothie with blueberries, banana, and yogurt, or whip together a batch of healthy oatmeal pancakes with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Nothing beats lunchtime classics, especially ones made from whole foods. Try a twist on a traditional in this Pear and Potato Salad, which uses a mix of seasoned produce to create a flavourful side or entree. Serve up a Quinoa and Avocado Burrito Bowl for an energizing twist on the lunchtime favourite, made with a bed of quinoa and accented with fresh mangos, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Finally, transition into dinner with a hearty meal. Coconut and Chickpea Curry is rich with flavour and nutrition, giving energy and satisfaction to the whole family. A Roasted Beet Salad is a tasty treat packed with the goodness of roasted vegetables, plus the freshness of contrasting lemon flavours. Enjoy a Lentil Burger topped with the fixings of your choice for a filling meal with a taste of home.
3. Start Your Day the Deliciously Healthy Way
A nutritious breakfast is one of the best ways to kickstart your day! If you want to give your day an energizing, delicious start, there are a few healthy ingredients that can work wonders for your health and your hunger:
- Oats: Packed with vitamins and key minerals, oats are nutrient-rich and provide valuable fuel. Enjoy a warm bowl of oatmeal or top your morning toast with some freshly-cooked oats.
- Fruits: For a low-calorie, high-antioxidant breakfast treat, add some freshly-sliced fruits such as apples, strawberries, bananas, or kiwi to your meal. Or, blend them into a smoothie for a tasty and nutritious pick-me-up!
For an extra hit of protein, you can add nuts and seeds to your breakfast, such as walnuts and chia seeds. Egg whites, beans and legumes are other protein options that can help keep you fuller for longer, and keep you energized throughout the day.
Whole Grains: A diet rich in healthy whole grains should be part of your breakfast. Substitute white breads with whole-grain options such as wheat, quinoa, or millet. Enjoy a piece of toasted whole wheat bread topped with peanut butter, or have a bowl of ancient grain cereals for a crunchy breakfast.
These simple, healthy ingredients go a long way to make your breakfast delicious, nutritious, and fuel your body and mind for the day ahead. So !
4. Make Every Morning a Wellness Boost
Many people rely on caffeine to get through the morning, or to give them an extra boost of energy. But while coffee and energy drinks may give you a short-term jolt, they don’t do much for your long-term wellbeing. That’s why it’s important to . Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Prioritize sleep. Make sure you’re getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night. This will help you wake up feeling more refreshed and energized.
- Start your morning with a nutritious breakfast. Fuel your body with nutrient-rich foods to give you energy and help you better tackle your day.
- Do something that makes you feel good. Whether it’s reading a book, journaling, or meditating, take a few minutes to do something that helps you relax and recharge.
- Get physical. Exercise is a fantastic way to get your blood pumping and lift your mood. Start your morning with a brisk walk or light jog and let your body take it from there.
Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of fluids is an easy way to give yourself a wellness boost. Start your day off with a glass of water to kick-start your metabolism and keep your body hydrated.
Limit Screen Time: It’s easy to get sucked into your devices before you even get out of bed. But staring at a screen can be taxing on your eyes and have a negative impact on your mental wellbeing. Try to limit your screen time in the morning and focus on activities that can help energize and refresh you.
By taking the time each morning to focus on your wellness, you can start the day off in the best possible way. Try implementing some of these tips and see how they can help give you an extra boost throughout the day.
Rise and shine, and show your body some love with these ten delicious and nutritious recipes. Whether you prefer a savory brunch plate, an energizing smoothie, or a rich protein packed breakfast omelette, start your day on the right foot with one of these great recipes. You just can’t go wrong with any of them!